As it does every year, time is quickly running out on the last minute Christmas shoppers. If you’re in the Eastern Half of Pennsylvania, let me recommend a few wines (in no special order) you might want to consider giving.
For the Dry Wine Lover
1. Cabernet Franc from Galen Glen Winery in Andreas, PA ($16.00 per bottle)
2. Cabernet Sauvignon from Cullari Vineyards and Winery in Hershey, PA ($13.00 per bottle)
3. Sangiovese from West Hanover Winery in Harrisburg, PA ($16.00 per bottle)
3. Proprietors Reserve Chambourcin from Seven Valleys Winery in Glen Rock, PA ($16.60 per bottle)
For the Sweet Wine Lover
1. President’s Choice from Adams County Winery in Orrtanna, PA ($10.98 per bottle)
2. 2007 Apple Wine from Hauser Estate Winery in Biglerville, PA ($6.00 per bottle)
3. Heavy Breather from Long Trout Winery in Auburn, PA ($12.00 per bottle)
4. Mountain Frost from Blue Mountain Winery in New Tripoli, PA ($9.50 per bottle)
When you visit these wineries for your purchases, please let them know that The Pennsylvania Wanderer sent you and once you’ve given the wine, consider a wine picnic basket or wine carrier for the next gift giving occasion.